Scenic Cups is a small series of 100 NFTs that are redeemable for a physical porcelain cup. Each cup is professionally thrown on the potter’s wheel in the Swiss countryside. Each of these sustainable cups mirrors a unique landscape of our beautiful Planet Earth. 70% of the proceeds go towards Girls Who Code and One Tree Planted, two charities striving to make the world a better place.
NFTs (Non Fungible Tokens) are unique and immutable digital tokens powered by blockchain technology. Ownership of each NFT can be cryptographically proven, therefore they cannot be duplicated and can be publicly verified on the Optimism Ethereum Layer 2.
Read more about NFTs here.
There is a total of 100 Scenic Cups (SC) NFTs. Each NFT represents a claim on the corresponding physical Scenic Cup that can be requested to be delivered upon burning the NFT.
Each of the Scenic Cups (SC) NFTs is redeemable for the corresponding physical Scenic Cup, which is delivered to a post address chosen through filling in the redemption form. For redeeming the physical Scenic Cup, the NFT needs to be burned to ensure it is only redeemed once.
Upon sending out the physical Scenic Cup, a digital certificate NFT (redeemed Scenic Cup) is created and sent to the address that burned the Scenic Cups (SC) NFT.
Step by Step / How it Works
- MetaMask Wallet with an ETH balance on the Optimism Ethereum Layer 2 (ETH can be withdrawn to Optimism from Binance or other cryptocurrency exchanges, or alternatively using a bridge from Ethereum Mainnet)
- Access the interface
- Connect the MetaMask Wallet while connected to Optimism Mainnet
- Press the “MINT” button to mint the Scenic Cups NFT.
- For the redemption of the physical Scenic Cup, the NFT needs to be burned. This can be done by pressing the “BURN” button on the interface after entering the NFT’s Token ID and submitting the respective transaction.
- Once the NFT has been burned, fill in the redemption form to prove the ownership of the address that burned the NFT.
- Please note that the delivery of the physical Scenic Cup can take up to six weeks depending on the location it is sent to. The physical cup is sent by international mail (Swiss Post), a tracking number will be available.
- Upon sending out the physical Scenic Cup, a redeemed Scenic Cup NFT will be created, acting as a digital certificate for the redeemed cup. The NFT will be sent to the address that burned the Scenic Cup NFT.
Transparency and Proceeds
The price of the Scenic Cups NFTs is calculated as follows:
0.08 ETH (Base Price) + 0.001 ETH (Surcharge) per Scenic Cup already minted
In the secondary market (i.e. NFT marketplaces etc.), a fee of 7.5% of the transaction value will be charged.
The proceeds generated from minting the NFTs will be distributed as follows:
- Half of the Base Price (0.04 ETH) per Scenic Cup will go to ritziporzellan to cover the product and international shipping costs
- Half of the Base Price (0.04 ETH) per Scenic Cup will go to the charities mentioned below
- The surcharge for each additional Scenic Cup minted (SCs minted * 0.001 ETH) will go to the charities mentioned below
- 5% out of the 7.5% transaction fee will go to the charities mentioned below
- 2.5% out of the 7.5% transaction fee will go to ritziporzellan
As both charities mentioned above accept crypto for donations, the donations will be performed directly from the Ethereum address ritziporzellan.eth – any additional proof of donations will be uploaded to this website.
Optimism Mainnet (ChainID 10)
Deployer / Owner Address:
Please note that due to the nature of the underlying blockchain technology, purchases are final and no refunds will be possible.
With submitting in the redemption form, the user accepts that ritziporzellan cannot guarantee the delivery of the physical Scenic Cup. While precautions against damages are taken when shipping the physical cup, the intact and complete delivery by the respective local postal services is outside of ritziporzellan’s sphere of influence.